Pages

October 27, 2007

Driving Miss Cindy

It finally stopped raining Friday night and I was real ambitious and daring Saturday a.m. Going to walk to the square with Miss Cindy, tether her outside while I took care of some business, and walk back. Maybe that would knock off some of her energy. Dressed and off we went. Get to the end of the driveway and what should be laying in the middle of the street? A b-i-g black dog. Since I am not a proponent of dog fights and will be of no use to Cindy whatsoever, should there be an encounter, we beat a hasty retreat back up the hill.

But my business had to be taken care of so I chanced her in the car. If it turned out to be a hassle, she could go back inside. Well, no encouragement needed. Girlfriend hopped in like it was a normal routine. I don't know why I bothered with the back seat because she quickly hopped to the front. Took over the passenger seat and propped herself at the window. Why do dogs ride with their tongues hanging out?

She was on a roll, watching the scenery roll past. A little tricky standing on her hind legs and taking the turns, though. But she managed. I'd say she enjoyed herself immensely.

When we returned, I made a semi-attempt to mow the lawn. A bark? Not at me but at the man who'd come up in the yard looking for work. She must not have liked the way he looked. She had drowned the repairman in love and affection the day before.

We went several days and whole nights without any "presents." I should have known that it would be too good to be true. Came in last night to a "gift." I was not happy, especially since it had been a very pleasant day, temperature-wise, and she'd been outside all day before I left for work. Another "gift" awaited me this morning. Needless to say, she'll be outside most of the day today, as well.

No comments: