Pages

December 31, 2007

What Are You Doing For New Year's Eve?

Inquiring minds want to know. Seriously. Is it a quiet night in or a night on the town? Let me know so that I can be v e r y jealous.

Tonight will be different for me in many ways. Naturally, I won't be in the DC area. And, I will be awake at the stroke of midnight, the start of a new year. I'm usually asleep or just waking up in time to see the ball drop on tv. I remember racing from party to party, in my youth, to be sure that I was somewhere with the masses screaming "Happy NEW YEAR!" Time long gone. I will be just coming in from Wally World. My enthusiastic greeting will come from Cindy and Big Boy. What fun!!!

I have just tried to end 2007 by killing myself. No, I did not try to commit suicide, silly. I love living too much even though it is not with the measure of comfort that I had envisioned. No, I was raised to believe that a clean house is necessary for the start of the new year and though the house won't be the way I want it, I was trying to flip my mattress and took a very nasty fall. Couldn't protect my head or back this time. The head hit the floor with a very hollow thunk. Did I mention that I need rugs on the bedroom floor? It wouldn't have prevented the fall but would have cushioned the whack I took a little bit. Good grief. I just laid there. I couldn't figure whether to cradle my head or massage the base of my spine. They were both hurting. Cradled the head; I think I jarred my brains. And to think, I have to go bust boxes this evening. I will be a sore sister. Two aspirins and more before I leave. Being safe is at the top of my resolutions list. Put it at the top of yours, as well.

This was sent to me and I'm sending it to you with love and best wishes:

My Wish for You in 2008

May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words ....

May 2008 be the best year of your life!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We had Watchnight service at our church last night and a big fellowship to follow. We rolled ourselves home stuffed to the gills at about 2 AM. Hubby had to go to work today.
Back to work tomorrow!
Blessings