Pages

December 13, 2011

Foxxed

Passing through the darkened kitchen to close the shutters, I caught sight of a small dog munching on my pecans.  Awww, isn't he cute? Tan coat, white marking down the chest.  Hold up!  It is not a dog.  It is a fox!  Get out of here!

I told you before that I'd seen one nosing around the barn/shed/garage late one night but here he is, less than ten feet away from the side door.  Boys and girls, I knew you wouldn't believe it, so I hied myself to the back to grab the camera.  Boogity boogity! And back up front...easing to the kitchen window...he's still there.  Great! Turned on the camera and the frame is pitch black.  I have no idea where he is in the frame.  Took two shots just on the off-chance. No luck.  Eased to different windows with the same result.  Eased to the back door; wrong angle.

Well, he must have heard or smelled me because he took off across the back yard and through the hole in the fence.  So I clicked the camera anyway.  Surely, there's enough light in the back to get a good photo. N O T!!

Do you believe me, now?  Be Safe. Be Blessed.

No comments: