Pages

February 10, 2018

Eleven Years

Yes, it has been a couple of years since I checked in but this is a special occasion and needs to be noted.  Yes, you've probably lost interest but I am going to post this just the same.

Eleven YEARS!  Can you believe it? I left my hometown, my place of birth, on April 30, 2007. I arrived in Memphis, TN, on May 1, 2007. I moved into Serendipity at the end of May 2007.  What a tale I have to tell.

Some days I feel as if I am pioneer woman or exile moving to a strange land. I've seen wildlife that I've only seen in the zoo.  A hawk with a wing span the width of my outstretched arms made an aborted landing in the backyard, leaving his prey behind.  Nope, I didn't try to see what the poor thing was.  I made my way to the backdoor lickety split.  He didn't return but a turkey buzzard did and proceeded to devour whatever it was.

I've had fox cubs, spent a fortune on having the groundhog family removed, possums, snakes, the largest spiders you ever saw, an invasion of lady bugs, the smallest ants in the world, you name it and they have come through Serendipity at least once.

Repairs are still underway but you wouldn't recognize the place. And just as I thought I was done, I found that the back porch, mudroom, whatever, must be replaced.  Damn.

Still raising hell as needed. Taking the Master Gardener's class. We'll see if I learn when to harvest a zucchini.

That's it for the moment.  You pray for me; I'll pray for you.

Take care.

No comments: