Pages

May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

It's early and I'm preparing to head out to Ripley. I have an appointment at 9:00 a.m. with the glass man. I am sure he was unaware that today was a holiday when he set the date and time, but I won't take the chance. If he doesn't come, perhaps I can clean a door or two. Takes water for the rest of it.

I had the opportunity to watch a portion of the National Memorial Day Concert last night and realized that I miss being in D.C. Not homesick, mind you, but missing the luxury of calling people at will (long distance calls are out), the ability to partake of events if I so desire, friends and church family. Found this verse to share with you:

Some friends are fun to be with. But a close friend can be even better than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24 ERV)
Send me news so I can stay connected.

Loading up the car. The traveling greenhouse is on the road, again. Won't try to take them all in one trip. I've learned in the past year that the body doesn't perform as willingly as it once did.
Saturday's activities wore me out. By the time I garnered the energy to get on the road Sunday, it was too late to make any sense. There are very few overhead lights which makes staying late impossible--even if I were inclined to travel those roads in the dark. My hands were tender from the lifting, tugging, and pulling. Bruises appeared in the most unlikely spots. But, a part of the battle was worn.

I'm joining with everyone in paying tribute to those who gave their lives so that we might live freely.

Have A Wonderful Day !

No comments: