Pages

April 17, 2008

Disturbing the Peace

The peace is about to be disturbed around Serendipity. My good friends, Jim Fitzhugh and his wife, have donated $100K to help with a new addition to the library. Think they would consider loaning me $10? You and I both doubt it. What good news, even if it does mean that the peace and quiet will be shattered for several months. No idea when this construction will start.

Cindy is regaining the pep in her step. I've been keeping the two separated while Cindy's stitches heal--meaning that she is inside and he is alone on the porch. He is not a happy camper but Cindy is pleased as punch. I know that she no longer needs to be pampered because she chased Big Boy hither, thither, and yon, last night. They really got a mean piece of exercise, back and forth, in circles, as fast as they could go. I'm told that she is good for hunting but I put my money on herding. While I was putting Big Boy on his leash this morning, she took the notion to go for a short visit. Guess she had to let her peeps know that she was still around. So I know damned well that she is better. Just need to get the stitches removed. And what was Big Boy doing while I was screaming at her to come back? Peeing on my foot. What a dufus dog; getting bigger and wilder.

Young man got fired from Wally World, last night. His crime? On the cell phone. Now, please. Signs all over the back telling you not to take the cell phone on the floor (even though one manager walks with his plastered to his ear) and you're told the same thing in orientation. Did he think they were playing?

Intended to do yard work on my three-day-vacation. Not happening. It was C O L D! Of course, now that I'm back at work, it is now shirt-sleeve weather. Wouldn't you just know it? I'll do bits and pieces. One thing for sure and two things for certain, there is no shortage of things to be done around here. The only shortage is cash. But I'm praying on it.

And, in case you were wondering, the incumbent mayor retained his seat. I'm sending him a letter and resume. We'll see.

No comments: