Pages

June 18, 2008

Nothing is Easy

You know it is hot when 84 degrees feels cool. It was 96 degrees on Monday. Spent my "cool" day doing the usual; mowing the lawn. Took care of the front on Sunday. Whipped out the weed whacker, the bush trimmer, and went to work. Sheez! Some coworkers and I were joking that all we do is work, sleep, and come back to work. Add to that mow the damned lawn.

Got the back mowed; trimmed some of the bushes (I swear they are multiplying); and got ready to tackle the hills with the weed whacker. NO STRING! Come on...this has got to be a joke! My shoulder is hurting; Aleve is not doing the trick. And I can't unscrew the casing. Puleeze. I'll take the casing to work and get someone to unscrew it and buy more string. Two of them, this time. What else will break? Oh, and the tomato vines? Still that one little tomato. Farmer Blackman is failing in this category.

Michelle Obama is slated to guest host The View this morning. Much is being made over her appearance but little is being said about the fact that she had to request equal coverage/time as allotted to Cindy McCain. Hmmm. I have 45 minutes to see how she is received and how the Republican standard-bearer, Elizabeth, will behave. She is so obnoxious.

She needs a "Subtle" makeover," according to the press reports. But I thought she was the Black Jacqueline Kennedy? Needs someone to shop for her. But she has an "exquisite sense of style." Wore that black, studded belt one time too many, I guess. Yeah, I saw the list of when it had been worn and with what. Some wise soul noted that she was adept at utilizing items to change the look of an outfit. We know how to do that well. Or was it the pearls? Faux or real? Got tired of seeing them? Time for a designer to step up to the plate with their line of clothing to choose from like they do with other "ladies in waiting." Remember Nancy Reagan's gifts? As if they were needed. Was it the "terrorist knuckle-bump"? What is a terrorist knuckle-bump? Giving dap? Props? "Angry Black Woman" needs to be more friendly; stop lecturing. In the words of Jill Scott:

Hate on me, hater
Now or later
'Cuz I'm gonna do me
You'll be mad, baby
(Go 'head and hate)
Go 'head and hate on me, hate on
'Cuz I'm not afraid of it
What I got I paid for
You can hate on me

You cannot hate on me
'Cuz my mind is free
Feel my destiny
So shall it be


And the beat goes on.

No comments: