Pages

August 23, 2008

I'm Baaaack!

Did you miss me? I've been without phone or internet service since Wednesday. I HATE my provider. Whenever my service goes down, I'm without it for days on end. And you know how I love my computer. I start experiencing withdrawal symptoms. I get irritable; restless; at loose ends. What is going on in the world? I have to share my news and views. Get the service started, will you?

Wednesday evening, right smack dab in the middle of the John McCain story on CNN, the whole town went dark--or at least this section. Power stayed out an hour. Wally sent people home, so I'm told. Let me tell you how BLACK this house is. Can't see your hand in front of your face. Couldn't find the super-duper weather radio, dear son of mine. It was too dark and I couldn't remember where I had stored it. Of course, when the lights came back on, it was right where I put it (in case of an emergency) in plain sight. If only I could have seen it.

So the lights are back on and I have no dial tone and no internet. Ditto for Thursday morning, afternoon, and evening. There was a recording at Newwave letting you know that the outage was in western Tennessee. So I chilled. But Friday? I was on the horn. "We'll have someone out this evening." N-O-T! No service this morning, Saturday, or this evening when I came in. But I guess the powers that be decided that I had rested enough. Got through to a nice tech who labored long and hard to get me back on line. That's all I really wanted, wasn't it? Seems that they hadn't upgraded my system when they changed over last winter. Then the router wasn't booting and preventing everything from functioning. See ya' router. Add that item to the list of things to be replaced.

The lawnmower had a very simple problem--needed a new air filter. Sheez! The young man who was to mow the lawn this evening has not showed. Can I break the curse?

I've got a lot to share with you; things have been storing up since Wednesday. Just wanted you to know that I'm okay. Later.

1 comment:

Tk421 said...

Dem Aliens are out knocking out the power plugging in all there fancy doo dads and whatcha ma call its (lol) Oh well love ya any how keep Jyd inside he probably dug up the power cable!!!