Pages

February 27, 2009

Handyman

I have spent the last two or three days re-caulking my tub. I have slathered caulk; I have pain-stakingly put down painters' tape to make sure that my caulk is within the lines; I have allowed the caulk to dry the recommended 24 hours. But it has been soaked up like a sponge. Can't see where it is going. Goes on beautifully. What the hell? Do I have a defective tube? So I pick up the caulk gun again this morning and what to my wondering eyes should appear? The caulk color is CLEAR, not the pristine white as I thought. No wonder the stuff keeps disappearing. So I now know that I have a well-caulked tub. Still grimy-looking but well-caulked. :-)

Picked up some super duper stuff to get the grout off of the countertop in the kitchen. We'll see. Still working on the crud in the tub up front. And the crud on the front door, caused by no one else but me. And the floor in the dining room AND the @#@## rug shampooer died. Excuse ME? It hadn't been used often enough to die. Must be that built-in obsolescence.

As for my situation with Wally, I received one of those uplifting emails this morning, a portion of which reads: If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do Not attempt to resolve it yourself! Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY TIME All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours. It's in the box, Lord.

Here's your Black fact:

Jazz musician Duke Ellington has become the first black American to be prominently featured on a U.S. coin in circulation with the release of a quarter honoring the District of Columbia. The coin with Ellington resting his elbow on a piano was officially released Jan. 26, 2009.



Be Blessed.

No comments: