Pages

September 27, 2009

Overrun and Falling Apart

Let's start this Sunday morning off right. Giving glory and all that. Perhaps you'll enjoy this piece as much as I did--it is surely appropriate and says it all. Read it and know that I appreciate each of you. "Every Time I Remember You..."

So what's going on, you ask? Wasps. Making their home in every nook and cranny that they can find. INSIDE! I am just too through. Good grief! I just keep filling holes and patching to no avail. And there are these tiny, black things which keep appearing around the kitchen base cabinet and back door. Mouse droppings? N-O-T. Sweep, mop, spray. They just keep appearing. Ah! Must be weevils or something in the box of cereal that has been there for over a year. Threw it away. No more tiny, black things. For the moment.

Rain pouring in through the bathroom ceiling. Aargh! It has rained for two solid weeks. Where was this water in August and early September? It doesn't just rain down here, it is more like a monsoon. Sheets of water; no visibility. Water in the cabinet under the sink. WHAT? Looked closely...the fixture has come loose. How the hell did that happen? You and I both know that I don't have a lot of dishes to wash so it is not from wear and tear. Duct tape to the rescue. Lights out in the motion detector. An easy fix. Handles falling off of the desk--it has been so abused. Freezer frozen shut. No defrost feature on this standby. And, obviously, not used. I don't even know what is in there. Dragged it outside (HEAVY) and let it sit overnight. Gives me an opportunity to clean up the porch. Like I needed an additional job. This project was waaaay down on the list. Give me a break. I should have tackled this rehab job 20 years earlier! :-)

Tackled the bush by the far corner of the house in the back when the weather dried up. The one which swallowed up the rose bush. Had to buy another 100 foot cord in order to reach it. All cords will now be hidden from contractors--they walk when the job is done. Can't reach the top; need a ladder. Good grief! This is an accident waiting to happen. I must have been making a real racket. My neighbor came out--a major recluse--and offered to help. Got in the way, more than anything, but it was good to see her. Have to go back with a taller ladder to reach the top branches.

Yard man didn't show on his appointed day; I guess it has been raining here as well. Lord knows it has rained in Brownsville. His not showing allowed me to see that I have some "Bare Naked Ladies" growing along the fence. Not the gorgeous pink ones which I saw this summer in everybody's yard but a reddish strand.
Not as robust as the pink ones but I'll take them. Putting a flower bed over by that fence next year. Staked the climbing rose bush to a PVC pipe which towers over the fence. If it produces flowers next year, it won't be so obtrusive.

I put the fried tv out at the base of the driveway for pick up over two weeks ago. No pick up. So I picked it up and took it across the street to the open city lot. Picked up right away. I'm starting to feel picked upon. My stuff gets left behind. So now all of the branches, cuttings, etc., will be dumped in the street (in the back of the house). I'm tired of being nice, bagging, and playing by the rules.

Well, I'm off to a full day of doing something. What happened to rest on Sunday? And, I am definitely ready for some football. Oh, the coconut pie tastes much better now but it is NOT the recipe I was looking for. If anybody has a coconut custard recipe, please send it. I'm really not into the pie favorites around here: chess and pecan.

Have a good trip, #1 Son. Happy Anniversary!

"I thank my God every time I remember you" (Philippians 1:3) Be Blessed!

No comments: