Pages

May 09, 2010

Small Pleasures

 AAAAAH...!  That's the sound of Missy taking a longggggg shower.  Yes, the anxiously-awaited replacement heater finally was installed. And I think I used up all 40 gallons.  Naturally, there was a bit of drama involved...like having to buy a replacement pan (knew I should have gotten one when I bought the heater) and new wiring.  Why is this man asking me why there is no grounding wire?  "Have you been shocked?"  Shocked!  I'm shocked to find that there is no grounding wire!  Lawd a mercy!  Let's not even mention such a thing. 

The heater was to have arrived yesterday.  In anticipation, I cleared out the hallway (another storage space) so that he would be able to roll it in with ease. And making use of the excellent weather, I worked outside all day...raking out a flower bed and adding mulch.  Then I whipped out the power washer to clean the brick walkway of the weeds and moss.  I had mud everywhere!  My front was covered!  And we don't want to talk about my face...blobs of mud on the forehead, cheeks, in the hair.  Looked like I had been making mud pies.  Every muscle known to man and then some were screaming.  And no repairman in sight.  At least let me know that you're not going to make it before the day is over.

So the phone call says that he'll be by after 8 a.m., this morning.   I'm ready!  Lord knows I am.  It's about 2 p.m., when he pulled in.  I'm still working and the muscles have moved past screaming to hysteria.  I am definitely looking forward to going to work in the a.m., 'cause I have surely worked myself to death.  While waiting, though, I came across an interesting fact for you to remember the next time you whip out the lawn mower. 
  • Tue, 1899-05-09
    On this date 1899, John Albert Burr invented one of the first rotary-blade lawn mowers.
    This Black inventors Patent number is #624,749....
How about that?

This month marks the 3rd anniversary of my move to Tennessee.  What an experience! Hope your Mother's Day was extra special.
Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her. (Proverbs 31:28
Be safe.  Be blessed. 

No comments: