Pages

July 27, 2010

No Soap Allowed!

What a hoot!  Folks are bathing in the "fountain" on the town square.  I've seen kids having a ball but now we've got adults, too?  Are you kidding me?  N-O-T!  Seems like there is someone who religiously appears at 3 p.m., with soap, and indulges.  Do they bring towels, I wonder?   Take a look at our beautiful fountain... No Bathing  And, of course, everyone has an opinion on whether bathing, with or without soap, should be allowed. 

Construction has started on the library.  I think that they are extending it and increasing parking or some such.  One thing is for sure...the folks use their library so any enhancements will be a plus and appreciated.


The Big Rip is a small town with its share of good and bad.  I guess because it is so small that the bad is magnified 1,000 times over. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw online that my good friend, Danny Cannon, was busted because he was selling alcohol without a license.  Remember, he is the electrician who sucked me in, took my money, and never finished the work?  Well, Mr. Cannon was throwing "private parties" and got busted.  I've seen two trains of thought on why the law was called in: 1) the site (in another town in the county) was too close to a church and, 2) his "party nights" were cutting into the profits of a bar owner who just happens to be related to the sheriff or somebody.  Now, I haven't been able to find out whether he is going to get jail time or a warning.  AND, it's not the first time he's tried his hand at the "private party" routine.  Seems that he got ran out of another town for doing the same thing.  Lawd, Lawd.

And there's nepotism, galore, in these parts.  The head of the power company is the son-in-law of the former mayor; the current register of deeds is the daughter of the former mayor; and the list goes on.  The power company is waging a battle to become the "power authority" and receiving some stiff opposition.  Seems as though the anti-authority people are headed by foes of the former mayor.  Life in the fast lane.  I voted against the change because the head of the power company has sued the city a thousand times over.  Enough, already.  Don't know him and don't trust him. Further, it hasn't been clearly explained as to how it would be beneficial.  Will it cut my winter heating bills?  Don't...think...so!

You know that I've got something to say about the current affairs but I'll save it for the next post.  Stay tuned.  Stay safe.  Stay Blessed.

No comments: