Pages

December 17, 2011

Treasures

There was an estate sale at my former neighbor's house and I was revved up and ready to go. I've never been to an estate sale and as if that wasn't enough incentive (after all it was right next door), I was dying to see the inside of the home.  I had watched as they set up during the week and sent an email to find out when the sale would take place.

The sale was to begin at 9 a.m.; however, boys and girls,  the cars started lining up at 8:23 a.m. One person has blocked the turn from one street to the next.  Surely, he noticed that he was in the intersection.  I overheard some say that they drove from Memphis.  I'm right next door so I can't be late!

From my bathroom, I saw Christmas decorations in the garage area.  Bows! I need bows!  If there was one thing, Mrs. Coleman did right, it was decorate for Christmas!  Christmas...OMG.  This woman lived in a Christmas wonderland.  All kinds of decor...candles, lights, figurines, you name it.  She could have run Christmas sales year round.  I slept the Magi set...thought about it one second two long.  It would have been fabulous on the mantelpiece.  And there was a huge, 4-ft. tall Father Christmas, not for sale. Why was it out? 

And for sale? Bake ware; silverware; crystal; china; linens; copper ware; stemware; jewelry; clothing.  A piano; wonderful, real wood furniture.  A pie safe; decorative screens; treadmill, hurricane lamps; basin and ewers; dolls; baskets; and more.  Lawd, Lawd. why am I poor?

So what did the house look like Missy?  Bright and open. Great for plants. A huge living room/dining room area; 3 bedrooms; two baths; a small, eat-in-kitchen (with regard to the size of the house); family room; laundry room; and another bedroom/sitting room, something that wasn't connected in the layout of the house. Lots of built-in cabinetry. It is a corner rambler with a circular driveway, as well as a drive to the rear of the property. Well-maintained, inside and out. What a steal!

I made my purchases and trundled home. And folks trundled across my yard to get to the sale. I'll check in later to see if any bows are left...I miscounted. If you've never been to an estate sale, take money!  You're sure to find something you like.

Be safe. Be Blessed.

No comments: