Pages

November 25, 2012

Caulen Tharpe Day

Caulen Tharpe is the youngest son of a couple who have become very dear to me:  Brent and Charity Tharpe.  Far younger than I, they could be my chil'ren, I've enjoyed their gracious hospitality and friendship.

I met Charity through Walmart. She trained me into the position of Training Coordinator. In turn, Brent and SF were introduced to each other because they are acknowledged experts in their fields of law enforcement training and consulting. 

It was with dismay and great concern to learn that Caulen, a precocious young'un with an infectious grin, was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year.  That young man showed immeasurable grit as he underwent surgeries and treatments that a grown person would not have been able to cope with.  And the family stayed strong.  Never in one conversation did Brent or Charity appear anything other than upbeat. No cries of despair.  They are far better people than I can ever hope to be.

Caulen was declared cancer free about two weeks ago and was eager to return to school.  Then a blood infection struck and his return was delayed.  But God is good.  His return to school was greeted with a hero's welcome.  

Dyersburg State Gazette: Local News: Newbern Elementary celebrates Caulen Tharpe Day (11/24/12)

Please keep this family in your prayers.  If you would like to donate to Caulen's fund, email me and I'll give you the information.

Be Safe.  Be Blessed. 

No comments: