Pages

October 06, 2019

Well, Darn

Yesterday was one of those days. You've had them. Days when everything seems to go wrong.

In between tears, I decided to use the blueberries before they went bad. Had a recipe for a lemon blueberry bundt cake and all of the ingredients were on hand. Piece of cake, right? Things going smoothly until it was time to make the glaze. Such a simple thing to make: confectioner's sugar; milk; butter; vanilla; lemon juice. Put the butter in the measuring cup and stuck it in the microwave as I always do.  Must have been one time too many because I opened the door to find melted butter all over the glass plate and a hole in the bottom of the measuring cup. Yep, it was plastic. Like I said, one time too many.  So, there was no glaze for the cake.

Off to the computer class on how to design a web site. If you know anything about me, I'm always willing to learn about computers, programs, etc. Back in the day, I tried to teach myself HTML. Books are still on the shelf.  Time to get cracking.

Leaving there, I decided to go to one of the few grocery stores in this town (there are only three,  including Walmart) for a piece of chicken to go with my leftovers. Why this particular store? It usually has a salad bar and steam table. Until yesterday. I walked in at 5:20 to see that the steam table and salad bar had been dismantled for the day. I wasn't interested in the steam table or salad bar. However, they also have fried chicken available. Nada. Zip. I was totally gobsmacked. Off to KFC.

So why didn't I go to Walmart? The Ripley Walmart is the smallest "supercenter" in this particular market. It does not have tire and lube service or a deli which carries things such as roasted or fried chicken. If you're looking for that, then you need to ride 25 to 30 miles to the next county.

What about the cake, Missy?  Good but would have been better with the glaze.  Very light. Chock full of blueberries and a hint of lemon.  My friend would have loved it.


Be Safe. Be Blessed.




No comments: