Pages

January 05, 2020

The Holidays Are Over

Yes, I made it through.  The house was decorated by the time the family arrived but totes and boxes were still strewn throughout. I just managed to have the gifts wrapped. What was the holdup, Missy? Bad back, bad knee, too much time spent on trying to have a beautiful tree and decorations just right because, after all, the little one needed to see them, right?  "Did you decorate just for me, GiGi?"





So they flew into Nashville and drove to the Big Rip. Dinner and then someone was ripping wrapping papers and delving into stockings. No surprise that the big hit was the remote controlled VW bug. It ran through those batteries ASAP and I had no replacements. Not to worry, I can't remember what kept her occupied but off to bed she went.

The next day, we picked up her bff and off we went to The Incredible Pizza. They ate from the time we went through the doors until we left. And, of course, played games.  Great place to take the kids. Very thankful that Regina 2 was visiting at the same time.  Then, she had her very first sleepover. Imagine that. Regina 2 conned everyone into letting Katarina spend the night.  She was in pig's heaven.

Saturday was the "dinner party" with the most expensive dessert this side of heaven.  Sheez.  Just like my painting the Christmas ornaments years ago, her mother and I wound up doing most of the work for these Christmas ornaments. Cute idea but, Missy, was it necessary?  Making memories.




 They don't show well in the photos. Next time we'll add food color to the candy shell.  But she was pleased with the final product and we were just damn glad to get it over and done with.










And, as usual, I was running for the shower at the very last minute. A big shout-out to Natasha for all the help she gave me.  And an even bigger shout-out to the guests for coming late.




Too much food.  I can hear Jimmy now but it didn't go to waste. I gave away food and am still eating leftovers.  I'm tired of it now but refuse to throw anything away.



Off the fam went at 3:00 a.m., driving back to Nashville for the 8:00 a.m., flight. They made it with no problems.

So, I made it through the holidays without a major meltdown. Didn't say that I didn't cry; just that there was no major meltdown.

And now I have to take down all those decorations that were put up especially for Katarina's visit. Boy, the things you do for children. Perhaps I will just leave them up for next Christmas.





The hostess with the mostess and her best friend in Tennessee.

I understand they plan to return this summer. I will leave them the key.

Happy New Year to all.

All the Best!


No comments: