Pages

May 23, 2007

A Slow Start

I will exalt you, O LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. O LORD, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit. Sing to the LORD, you saints of his; praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning (Psalm 30:1-5).


Let the church say, Amen! Another gorgeous day in the great state of Tennessee. I am officially a Riplian and have a full day ahead of me. So why am I on the computer? The old folks would say I'm burning daylight.

I've got a shopping list an arm long and growing. My money should be so long. A bunch of places to go and people to call. The moving company to confirm delivery, for one. I'm getting pangs of distress in that arena but I may be anticipating trouble that's not there. The phone company is another call that must be made. Someone must remove that dead cat!!! And, I need to locate someone to repair my front door. Still can't believe the glass cracked.

Why aren't you at your estate? Can't do much without water. The water company will be there at 3:00 p.m. Perhaps I can get some other people to show up around that time for estimates, as well. It's called multi-tasking. Gas prices have finally caught up with those in the DC area and there are far too many miles to travel to keep running up and down the road. Maybe the investment in the Costco card will pay off. I noticed that their gas prices are slightly lower than those in regular stations. So, since a lot can be accomplished at this end, I'm here.

Rejoice with me and keep me in your prayers.

3 comments:

CaribbeanApple said...

Hi Gwen,

Happy Closing!! I'm glad that the settlement went smoothly...CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am so glad that you finally closed. Ihope they get rid of the cat for you. It will b e stinking real bad soon. My mother had that experience a few years ago and it wasn't fun!
Gail

Unknown said...

Yes I now Believe it you are officialy a cow poke congrats Not you will always be my mom though even if you are 13hrs away having adventures only those worthy of our namesake and heritage can encounter.