Pages

November 22, 2007

Thankful

Here's hoping that your day is filled with family, friends, and good food. Beef stew is on the stove here at Serendipity. That's right, it is helping to heat the kitchen and will definitely warm the tummy. Why not turkey, Missy? I'll do that for Christmas with all the trimmings, maybe.

A day of rain and terrible storms brought an end to the balmy weather we had enjoyed. Today is a steely-gray and 41 degrees. Condensation on the windows. Cindy and crew are tucked, warmly I hope, in their insulated house. The kid is wandering in several layers of clothing and the heaters are running. Hate to see the electric bill but anyone who knows me knows that I don't like being cold. Wish I could've bottled some of that extreme heat from this summer.

Where are the heaters that I ordered? Canceled. The company found that they wouldn't be able to deliver before mid-December. Of course, it took several rounds of calls and emails to learn that salient fact. Not to worry. Discovered a business in Millington, outside of Memphis, that has heaters in stock. They won't be open again until Monday but the electricity has to be upgraded before they can be installed so we're in the hurry up and wait mode.

Have a safe and happy holiday. Hit Wal-Mart for the 5 a.m. sale so I can get a bonus and remember me in your prayers.

No comments: