Pages

July 27, 2008

An Artificial Conduit

AKA sewer. Not a road coming through but sewer pipes. Finally an answer to what's going on around me. Good grief! How big will they be? I haven't seen any the size of those I saw when in Egypt. They were so big that entire families would move into them overnight. Seriously. I guess that they figured they should just clear everything to make it cost-effective. Well, how come the folks who should know...didn't? Reminds me of living in Washington, D.C.

And since everything has been torn down, uprooted, and cleared, will that drive unwanted vermin my way? You betcha! More groundhogs. Noticed Cindy was sitting at attention, watching the barn/shed/garage. What on earth was holding her attention? Walked outside and sure enough saw a nose poke through a new hole, followed by more dirt. I loosened Cindy's chain, just for the hell of it, and she was on it. Where was "Dufus"? Laid up under the bushes on the other side of the building instead of beside it, as he usually is. Think an exterminator could get rid of them?

Sinus infection hit with a vengeance this week. Thought it was a sore throat but after taking stuff that didn't work, I finally tried some sinus pills. Getting some relief. Naturally, I took one that was labeled "nighttime" on the day that I was asked to complete some online training. CBLs for tobacco, liquor sales, and something else. Needed 100% for the tobacco and liquor sales. Caught myself doing serious nods (similar to my trip to Yankee Stadium)--I mean, just close your eyes, and BAM, dead to the world. But I managed to pass all three.

Also interviewed for the Training Coordinator position. Again. But we had to go through a long discussion about my need for more hours. I also want to be considered for that management position because that is a guaranteed 38/40 hours. We'll see.

It was 90 degrees here at 7 a.m. Guess you know where I'll be and what I'll be doing all day. The news anchors kept talking about bringing in the pooches, or keeping them in the shade, and making sure they have plenty of water. They have plenty of shade and I'll provide plenty of water. The porch is hotter than outside so bringing them in would be an act of cruelty.

Thought you might enjoy this. Keep it in mind as you go through your week.

Expect Good Things

No comments: