Pages

June 22, 2010

Et tu, Brute?

So, as we start the hot days of summer (over 90 degrees every day, down here), I'm on a rant what with with General Mc "he didn't know who I was"Chrystal; Big Oil's bought & paid for Barton; and "lesser people" Alan Simpson. Like 44 didn't have enough on his plate.

My, my. Chicago strong-arm tactics? Apologies. For what? For asking for $20 billion as partial payment for the damage done to the environment and peoples' way of life? Ashamed to live in the U.S. of A. What a shame we can't tell that a**hole to go home. Maybe he'd like to live in England???

Total disrespect for the Commander-in-Chief and who amongst us is NOT surprised? I personally think that McChrystal started to believe his own press--must have forgotten about MacArthur. Can't wait for the meeting at the White House. Now is the time to kick ass, 44. Do it for me. Please. Sheesh.

"Lesser people." This from former Sen. Alan Simpson who lived off the backs of the lesser people for a lifetime and still receives money from us in the way of perks, pension, health care. I guess he forgot the section in the Declaration of Independence where the forefathers declared that all men were created equal...not lesser. Resign, Simpson. I don't need you deciding the fate of my Social Security which, I might add, I've been putting into since I was 16.

Oh, and don't forget bone-head Bennie Thompson, who says the government didn't have a plan to deal with the spill. Who did? If anyone should have, it should have been the oil companies and, this just in, the simple Louisiana judge has lifted 44's 6-month moratorium on drilling. What part of this don't you understand? The oil companies don't know how to stop underwater spills. If they did, we wouldn't be in the shape we're in. Let's just let them open the spigots and end life as we know it more quickly. Good grief.

Now that that is off of my considerable chest, I'll catch you up on life in TN later. Be safe; stay cool. Be Blessed.

No comments: