Pages

March 23, 2011

Spring in the Big Rip

My folks up north are still getting snow! But in the mid-south, we're experiencing days with fluctuating temperatures--80 degrees one day; 50 degrees on the next.  Just go with the flow.  I'm enjoying Mother Nature's beautiful show.  The tulip tree was gorgeous but I missed the opportunity to photograph it at its peak.  You'll have to look at last year's picture to appreciate it.  Daffodils or jonquils, can never tell the difference, are popping up all over; just as if I had planted them in specific spots.  The forsythia has bloomed and gone. Tulips are marching up along the front steps.  Folks passing by don't need to know that Mother Nature received a helping hand, courtesy of Walmart's clearance sale, in putting on the show.  The weeping cherry, across the street, is in full bloom, and that gorgeous wisteria, invasive as it is, is starting to fill in.  Thanks to Ripley Power and Light for trimming it back considerably.  Now, if I can just work on my side of the fence.  That might prove to be a challenge because as I was working on clearing out some of the growth, I saw this flat, black, object on one of the branches.  Merrily clipping away with my super duper clippers when I noticed that it had disappeared.  OMG!  Was that a snake?  Needless to say, I'm a little hesitant about tackling that area.

Folks are burning brush in the fields and setting their lawns on fire.  Purely by accident, I'm sure.  Coming home the other evening, I saw this huge cloud of smoke ahead of me.  As I got closer, I saw a crowd with water hoses and the lawn on fire.  Don't know how that happened.  The charcoal is flying off the shelves because one thing is for certain, if the temperature hits 60, the folks down here are barbequing.  Big grills, little grills, two or more grills, all on the front porch or in the yard. 

Charcoal may be the best seller but believe me, flip flops are a close second. Never understood that fascination.  And the bodies are bare!  Any excuse to show the bod--some of which need to be draped in a burka and never exposed to the light of day. 

New TN flag at the library.  About time!  Don't know if my campaign was effective or not; however, the old one was faded, tattered, and torn.  A disgrace and I was tired of looking at it.  And the spring floods have struck early. 




The "gentleman" who confessed to killing the postal workers,in Henning, asked for a bond hearing. Say WHAT? Killed two people for a grand total of $63? Stay where you are...forever.

My time in Brownsville is short. Thank you, Jesus. Not that I don't like it but I'm strictly working for gas money. The wheat is coming up; little calves are popping up in the pastures, and I'm trying to take in every sight and file it away. I won't be traveling that way on a regular basis.

Be safe. Be Blessed.

No comments: