Pages

November 30, 2014

Grateful for Small Things


Sometimes we need to take a moment and remember this saying on a daily basis; not just at Thanksgiving. So what am I grateful for?  At the moment, a brand new window in my bedroom.  Whoo Hoo! A small thing to some but, to me, after seven years of freezing in the winter, it is definitely a blessing. 

OMG!  Seven years of plastic covering over the window.  Seven years of  vinyl tape installation around the frame.  Seven years of wearing multiple layers and having multiple blankets on the bed.  Seven years of not being able to open the window on mild days. No fresh air for the kid. And did I mention that it overlooks my neighbor's driveway? My handyman solution of spraying  frosted paint on the panes left a lot to be desired.

Lawd, Lawd!  It took from July, when the window arrived, until  October to find someone to install it (another long story) but I'm happy, happy, happy.  It opens, top and bottom.  Has obscured glass so that I can open the drapes and get measured sunlight...without someone being able to look inside.  I even checked it at night and there's very little visibility into the room.  And...there are NO drafts!  Did I say that I was happy?

"Count your many blessings. Name them one by one."  Thankful for my window, Lord.  Seven more to go.

Be safe. Be Blessed.



No comments: